Please upgrade your browser.
Historic 9th: Moveable Feast
- $65.00 - HKC Member Ticket - Includes 1 raffle ticket (Not sure if you are a member? Contact email@example.com)
- $80.00 - Non Member Ticket - Includes tour with 1 raffle ticket.
- $125.00 - VIP Ticket (Includes 1 tour ticket, 1 raffle ticket, and the VIP after party on the rooftop of the Savoy's 21c presidential suite)
- $500.00 - Friends of HKC SPONSOR Ticket (Includes 2 VIP tour tickets, name in program, name on event website, name on event banner at each location, social media promotion, and $60 HKC membership credit)
- $20.00 - 5 Additional Raffle Tickets (NOT A TOUR TICKET)
219 West 9th Street
Kansas City, MO 64105
United States of America
Have you ever wondered about the history of Kansas City's downtown districts and wanted to learn more? Well now you can! Come learn about the history of the Historic Ninth Street Corridor. Join us for a night filled with delicious food, good drinks, and touring three of historic 9th Street’s most iconic buildings! You will be treated to detailed architectural tours of the Savoy (21c Hotel Museum), Kansas City Club, and New York Life Building. Tickets will also include a raffle for a chance to win 1 of 3 wonderful prizes. VIP Ticket holders will have exclusive access to the Presidential Suite with rooftop deck of the New 21c Hotel for a digestif and dessert at the end of the evening. Book NOW, tickets are limited and will sell out fast.
21c Museum Hotel (Savoy Hotel & Grill)
The Savoy Hotel is a Kansas City landmark in the central business district. The historic hotel was constructed in phases from 1888 to 1916 and has functioned as a hotel continuously for 131 years. The new owners undertook a rehabilitation to open a Kansas City location of the 21C Museum Hotel. The boutique hotel chain features a 21st century art collection installed in public spaces in their hotels. While reusing a historic building fit their goals of developing a unique property, the building presented unique challenges. Some parts of the building were in poor condition, but it retained many distinctive character-defining features. The design team successfully integrated the hotel brand’s modern aesthetic while retaining the building’s historic character.
Kansas City Club (University Club Building)
On the picturesque 900 block of Baltimore Ave in the quiet Historic 9th District, the new Kansas City Club has been transformed into a premiere event venue. The neo-classical building was originally built in 1922 for the University Club and in 2000 merged with neighboring Kansas City Club. Designed as a men’s social club it included a commercial kitchen, locker rooms, fitness rooms, racquetball courts, meeting rooms, pub, ballrooms and dining rooms.
New York Life Building
Designed by the highly influential New York firm of McKim, Meade and White, the Renaissance Revival style New York Life Building was commissioned by the New York Life Insurance Company as one of their main business locations. Assisted locally by Van Brunt and Howe and Frederick E. Hill, the New York Life Building was recognized as a divergence from the ubiquitous Richardsonian Romanesque style of architecture that had defined much of the area’s commercial streetscape toward the last years of the preceding century. It was considered Kansas City’s first skyscraper. Gastinger Walker Harden, architects of the 1996 rehabilitation, received an award from the American Institute of Architects for their design.
- Must be 21 Years or Older.
- FREE Parking is included in the ticket price. Parking will be at the 21c Hotel Museum.
- 3.5 hour tour of Historic 9th Street for ALL Ticket Holders.
- Signature Drinks and food included at each location for ALL Ticket Holders.
- Tours held rain or shine.
- Raffle drawing included in all ticket purchases. Additional raffle tickets can be purchased online or at the event.
- The Raffle Prizes are the following: (1) Wine Tower (2) 9th Street gift basket and (3) Dinner for 2 at the Savoy Bar and Grill with a personalized menu by Chef Joe West and the winners.
- Attendees receive a brochure which contain a map of the corridor with dialogue for each significant site noting the address, date built, architect(s) and the building’s description
- VIP Party held from 8:30-10:00 PM in the presidential suite of the 21c Hotel (including rooftop deck) after the Moveable Feast Tour. Dessert and after dinner drinks included. VIP ticket holders only.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!